Blog Monkies Google Search!

Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Real Deal...


Am I the "Real Deal"? Is it this website? I know. It's pretty damn cool and it's got a long way to go. I'd like to add some cool pics and maybe some music. I'd like to hook some of that up real soon. Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Marc. This is my newest, latest and greatest blog. I hope you like it and will come back often to visit. I'm going to talk about a variety of issues. This is sort of a "General" blog. A place where you can come and express yourself - just like I'm doing. Or, set up a blog of your own and we can swap links and get connected that way! Anyways, I'd like to kick off this blog with the new TLC show that has yet to debut called "the Real Deal". It stars Richard Davis (the man in the picture on the right) and his crew of cronies in South Carolina that flip houses. He is essentially a real-estate mogul. My wife and I fell in love with him crew on the A&E show "Flip this house". Apparently, they had a legal falling out, Davis and A&E, so now he's moved on to TLC with their brand new show. It looks to be a very entertaining (and educational) show about flipping houses. Real Estate is something you to start thinking about again, especially in you're looking to make some serious financial gains. I know. It's risky. You need to know what the hell you are doing. But the bottom line is this - we are now coming into a "valley" in this housing market. We are coming closer and closer to rock bottom. Is it over? I don't know! Nobody does. But what I do know is that after the collapse of the sub-prime mortgage market, banks are holding onto a bunch of foreclosed houses that they want to get rid of - on the cheap! So, keep your eyes peeled and be ready to strike (or learn to strike) really soon because I predict we have another year or so of this housing slump and then things will really take off. I just wanted to throw that out there. This show is critical for your viewing, especially you enterprising readers out there that are looking to make some nice change. House flipping is both an art and a science. There is a tremendous amount of planning, organization, paperwork, and elbow grease that goes into flipping homes - and not losing your ass. I suggest you educate yourself so you'll be in a prime position to buy when "YOU" want to. Foreclosed homes and auctions are great places to start. Keep in mind the old Warren Buffett adage of "I only invest in what I know" or if you're a TLC (the band) fan "Don't go chasin' waterfalls...please stick to the rivers and lakes that you're used to". Basically, invest in your own backyard. Only YOU are familiar with home prices in your area enough to recognize a good deal when you see one. Pick up a few books. Educate yourself. You have time but act before it's too late. Anyways, this new show looks to be very entertaining as well as educational. These guys are awesome and they make money hand-over-fist! That's always nice to see in my opinion.

No comments: